1970 Exxon M.S.Whittingham titanium sulfide is used as cathode materials, metallic lithium as anode material, made the first lithium-ion battery.
1982 University of Illinois (the Illinois Institute of Technology), R.R.Agarwal and J.R.Selman found that lithium ion has the characteristics of embedded graphite, this process is rapid and reversible. Meanwhile, made of metallic lithium lithium battery, safety concerns, so people try to take advantage of embedded graphite lithium-ion features make rechargeable batteries. First available lithium-ion with graphite electrodes manufactured by Bell Laboratories.
1983 M.Thackeray, J.Goodenough found that manganese Spinel is a good cathode material, with low price, stability and excellent electrical conductivity, conductivity properties. Its decomposition temperature, oxidation and far lower than the lithium cobalt oxide, even when there is short circuit, over charging, to avoid the danger of flammable, explosive.
In 1989, the A.Manthiram and J.Goodenough found that cathode of polymeric anions will produce higher voltages.
1991 Sony released the first commercial lithium-ion batteries. Subsequently, the face of lithium-ion batteries revolutionized consumer electronics. Such as the cathode material of lithium cobalt oxide batteries, still the main power supply for portable electronic devices.
1996 Padhi, Goodenough found phosphates with olivine structure, such as lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) and safer than conventional cathode material, especially high temperature resistant, overcharge resistance performance than traditional lithium-ion battery materials. Has become the prevailing large current discharge of cathode materials for lithium batteries.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What are lead-acid batteries?
- The use of lead-acid batteries
- Battery maintenance
- What is the lithium-ion battery?
- Considerations when using lithium-ion batteries
- The advantages of lithium-ion batteries
- Battery relation between weight and volume
- Capacity bottlenecks and technology power batte...
- Lead-acid batteries a brief introduction
- The correct use of lead-acid batteries
- Tianneng Battery Electric car battery
- Lithium batteries for electric bicycles
- Electric vehicle lithium battery
- Lead-acid battery for traction
- Main characteristics of electric forklift battery
- Tube type battery for electric tricycle